Reporters with questions about covering the courts in Nebraska should feel free to contact the Supreme Court Public Information Officer.
JUSTICE Case Search - available to Nebraska.gov subscribers.
- For general information on the Judicial Branch and state court system, review the Citizen's Guide to State Courts and Glossary of Legal Terms.
- Judges' Limitations on Public Comment Memo to Editors and News Directors Regarding Availability of Public Comment by Judges (June 2007)
- Information about judges and replacing judges can be found on the Replacing a Judge Press Reference Sheet. If you are covering an upcoming election where Nebraska judges are standing for retention, read the Voter's Guide.
- Court Publications and Reports are divided into 'statistical' and 'administrative' categories. For previous years not listed, please contact the Administrative Office of the Courts and Probation.
Media outlets wanting courtroom video of Supreme Court or Court of Appeals arguments for editing and rebroadcast of should review the court calendar and send an email to the Supreme Court Public Information Officer requesting a drop box link to the courtroom video file. If requests are made at least a week prior to argument, Nebraska Educational Television with switch cameras between the judges and the attorney podium.
- Supreme Court
- Court of Appeals
Trial Court Resources
Case Calendar Search for Trial Courts (iOS) (Android) - search participating county and district courts for upcoming cases and the dates they're occurring. Information is populated through the JUSTICE Case Management System.
Cameras in Nebraska Courts: Expanded Media Coverage in Nebraska Trial Courts
“Expanded media coverage” includes broadcasting, televising, electronic recording, or photographing of judicial proceedings for the purpose of gathering and disseminating news to the public.
- Supreme Court/Court of Appeals
- 1st Judicial District (District Courts of Clay, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Nuckolls, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, and Thayer Counties
- District Court Judge Paul Korslund
- District Court Judge Daniel Bryan
- 2nd Judicial District (District and County Courts of Sarpy, Cass and Otoe Counties)
- District Court Judges outside Sarpy County
- County Court Judges, all courtrooms
- 3rd Judicial District (District Court of Lancaster County)
- District Court Judge Steven Burns
- District Court Judge Stephanie Stacy
- District Court Judge Paul Merritt
- 3rd Judicial District (County Court of Lancaster County)
- County Court Judge Gale Pokorny
- 5th Judicial District (County Courts of Boone, Butler, Colfax, Hamilton, Merrick, Nance, Platte, Polk, Saunders, Seward, and York Counties)
- County court judges, all courtrooms
- 11th Judicial District (District Courts in Lincoln County)
- Discretion of the District Court judge presiding in Lincoln County
- 12th Judicial District (District Court)
- District Court Judge Derek Weimer
- District Court Judge Travis O’Gorman
- 12th Judicial District (County Court)
- County Court Judge Randin Roland
- Chief Justice
- Nebraska Supreme Court
- Nebraska Court of Appeals